Have you seen these Slipper Genies? I spied them at Wal-Mart the other day and totally almost bought them. Just for the hilarity of it all. And also because I'm so completely lazy I thought for a moment they might actually work. Supposedly you just walk around in them and they sweep the floor for you! Sure. I thought I should buy them because I'm a horrible housekeeper... my floors rarely get swept. And all I ever do all day is walk around in my robe and slippers. Now if they made a robe that could clean clutter, I would so be the best housewife in the world ;)
Now, if they would also make some kind of magic hat that would make my two little ones take their naps simultaneously, I would be in heaven :)
So what did I do this week besides not post anything new? And not do any return blog visiting?
1. Was all happy about the teaching thing because it means that the hubby will be watching the two little ones for 4 hours every M and W all by himself! Thought that he would surely gain new understanding as to how hard it is to get anything done... Backfire bigtime. Big fight lasting a couple of days about how I can't even take care of a dog... they don't know how to play because I haven't shown them how to play with their toys... Puh-leese! Baby girl has always been good about playing by herself. She takes little encouragement - and will sit and play with her little people and houses or cars or whatever for a decent length of time. I've spent tons of time with little man trying to get him to play with one thing for more than 5 seconds... He would just rather throw all his toys all over the living room floor and climb into the toybox. Hubby worries about little man's development because his daughter was doing so much more at the same age. And his lack of development is all my fault because I don't work with him on anything and don't spend any time on him.... according to hubby, changing diapers and feeding kids are not taking care of them. I don't discipline them either... mmmm kkkkk. The thing is, I do things with them. I do spend time with them. Just when everyone else is home... hubby does absolutely nothing with the children. If I'm getting dinner or whatever, he tells tweenie to take care of them. he can't be bothered with it. And if I make a big deal about doing things with either/both of the two little ones tweenie feels left out and starts acting up.
Regardless, I do feel like I need to spend more time with the two little ones and work with them on things they should be learning etc... I feel guilty about that anyway, even though I absolutely do things with them when no one else is around to document it... I'd be willing to bet that most moms feel like they should be doing more. Anyway... it was just a lovely argument. And I just adore being told what an awful mother I am.
And apparently, if I was any kind of decent mother, I would have dinner on the table at 5pm sharp. Because the kids are hungry at 5pm every day.
Of course there was much more to the argument, as it lasted about a whole 2 days, but I gave you the jist of it... and none of it was all too pretty.
2. We went to get our taxes done this week. Turns out we're a little too complicated this year for the 1 hour appointment... we have to go back on monday. grrr. They have to research a couple of things having to do with residency, since we moved, but then moved back a few months later - never established residency in the other state - and kept our house and everything in this state... of course it was a whole afternoon ordeal anyway.. then I spent the entire next day trying to locate and add up all of our moving receipts and expenses to get a more "exact" amount to claim...
3. Naps were almost impossible to come by this week. And simultaneous napping was completely out of the question. As soon as little man was finally falling asleep, baby girl was waking up... and of course it just doesn't work with one of them awake, they feel the need to try to wake the other.
4. I spent most of my time mon, tues and wed doing things for the classes I'm teaching. Sometimes I think its more work to teach a class than it is to take a class :) and that just doesn't seem fair ;)
5. Thurs and Fri my husband had off work due to sewer issues there... at least we had gotten over our fight by thursday.
And ugh. Next week is probably going to be busier than this week. Appointments up the wazoo. Taxes again on Monday, then dr apts on wed and thurs... it just sucks that the apts are 30 mins away, so they seem to take up the whole afternoon...
Maybe someday I will have the time to blog for real ;)
Writer’s Workshop: Like A Drifter
21 hours ago