Why I did not take my kids to the special Halloween playgroup party today:
Yes, it's time again for Mama Kat's writing prompt!
And this week I'm choosing #5) You've been hired as a writer for "Late Show with David Letterman." Your first assignment is to come up with a witty, nonpolitical Top Ten list for him to read on air.
OK, so David Letterman would most likely never read a top ten list like this, but... he wasn't faced with the decision of whether to take his two little kids to a Halloween playgroup party...
10. I haven't taken my kids to the playgroup since about January. So they would know I was only going to get the free book and treats!
9. And actually, I only went to the playgroup about 3 or 4 times anyway... one of them being the Halloween party. And that was only to get the free book and treats ;)
8. I was afraid I would take a picture of the wrong Spiderman. Last year at least half of the boys went as Spiderman. My son has never seen Spiderman, yet *had* to have a Spiderman costume. Subliminal marketing?
7. We've gone somewhere every day this week... and I'm just tired of going... I needed one day for some rest and relaxation, 'cause we all know that with trick-or-treat tomorrow I'll be out and about again.
6. I need to stay home and sew my daughter a pirate vest for tomorrow. I spent 2-3 weeks crocheting one, but somehow it turned out to be way too big and she'd look like a clown instead of a pirate. Maybe she'd rather be a clown? ;) I guess I should be looking for my sewing machine!
5. All the other moms at the playgroup are either needy or pretentious. And lets just say that I don't fit into any of their little cliques. I hate to be mean and all, but its the truth. I would probably fit into that needy category too, but seriously, most of the time I don't mind not having any friends.
4. I planned on getting a lot of things done around the house instead. Oops. Guess I should have just been honest with myself and admitted that I was going to sit around doing bloggy things all day.
3. It was at 10:30am. And it takes 40mins to get there. Need I say more?
2. I won't have time or energy to wash their Halloween costumes before trick-or-treat, and we all know that they will be soiled in some way (by food or diaper leakage).
1. I'm just a lazy bitch.
Writing Prompts for 05.25
12 hours ago