Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Well....

We had to leave yesterday at 6am to go to the unnamed "big city" to get my ultrasound done. We decided to leave the kids in their pjs and change them into clothes when we got there. Sadly, we arrived just at the time my appointment was scheduled, so didn't have the time to change them into clothes. So I'm sure I looked like the biggest slacker mom in the world ;) and to top it off baby girl was in an old pair of little man's dinosaur pjs. ;)



Even though we were about 10 minutes late by the time we checked in, we were in the waiting room for at least an hour!! Amazingly, we only had a couple of minor meltdowns. It was just starting to get a little hairy when we were finally called.



Everything with baby looked good! Measuring exactly on due date! :)



And... it is definately a boy!



When the ultrasound tech said "boy" baby sister let out a wail and started crying! Too funny.



Although I was pretty impartial, I didn't realize until we were getting ready in the morning that I might be a tad disappointed if it was a girl.



Funny thing is that with little man we had his name right away and were floundering with a girls name. With baby girl, we had her name right away and were back and forth on boys names. This time we had a boys name picked out and couldn't decide between a few girls names.... Funny how things work out that way.



Also, since we started telling little man about the new baby he's been saying that there's a new "little man" in mommy's belly. (using his own name of course).



Anyway, I'm just thrilled that everything looks good with the new little man! I always get all paranoid before an ultrasound. But then feel so much better after seeing that everything is going good :)

9 comments:

April said...

Congrats on your boy. I know one girl is enough for me! I'm glad he looks healthy and all.

Rachel said...

Congrats...so glad he is doing good and healthy!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful news!

Sandra said...

Wow... a picture of on your profile!!!

Nice!

Congrats on your new baby boy!

Becky said...

Yay!!! You know it's a boy! Congratulations! That is so exciting;)

I love that you have a pic up now on your profile. Even though it is still misterous...!

Anonymous said...

yay!!! i'm SO glad that all is good with baby!!

Merrie said...

A boy -- congratulations! I'm so glad everything is measuring right on time and that everyone's healthy. Can't wait to see how things progress! :)

Awake said...

Congratulations! And I love the image of the kids in their pjs. :)

Aubrey said...

Yeah!
A little boy!
I'm glad the ultrasound looked good and everything is on track!

Related Posts with Thumbnails