Tuesday, June 2, 2009

It just Figures!

My mom called and was about an hour away. So I went into the room that I set up for her and little man came and hung out with me on the bed while I put some of their clothes away and tidied up the room for mom... I decided to just go ahead and change his clothes while we were in there... discovered he had peed in his pull up... so I took it off and went to get a new one. When I came back he had peed and drizzled all over the freshly laundered sheets and blanket! At that point my mom was about a half an hour away. At least it was the afternoon and she wasn't getting there late. I had time to get the bed stuff washed and dried by bedtime... but still! I just couldn't believe it! The boy is damn near potty trained!

Little man is doing great on the potty. Of course he has his good days when he will keep a dry pull up all day and night. Then there are still days when he forgets all about the whole potty thing and has a few wet pull ups. But the great thing is that he is pooping in the potty about half the time!

Baby girl has sat on the potty a couple of times, but since we put the two little ones in their own beds, little man isn't waking her up in the mornings, so she's not racing him to the potty... Oh well. It's pretty early for her to be potty trained anyway. And I'm kind of expecting little man to do a little backsliding once new baby is born... we shall see.


6 comments:

Cascia Talbert said...

Sounds like you are doing great with the potty training. I agree with you when something new happens such as a new baby or a move children tend to go backwards on developmental skills such as potty training. Be prepared for more accidents. I'm sure he will be completely out of diapers and pull ups soon enough. Keep up the good work!

April said...

Just keep it up and it will all come together. Toot actually did better after Smiley was born because she wanted to be a Big Girl so she could help with him.

Becky said...

What a long hard battle potty training can be! Hang in there! You are doing good:)

Anonymous said...

Argh...I started potty training the one girl I nanny for this week...I feel like I'm knee deep in pee clean up this week.

Aubrey said...

One step forward, two steps back. Isn't that usually how it goes. LOL

~~Mel~~ said...

Just keep in mind that they will get it eventually..sounds like little man is progressing really well.

Related Posts with Thumbnails