Saturday, September 13, 2008

Welcome to my space!

I'm glad you stopped by for a visit. I'm not new to the mommyblogging sphere, but needed some more anonymous space with which to work. My mommyblog had been "found or discovered" by others. And it's gotten to the point where I just can't even post anything with any real substance there. And I am a writer. I live to write. I need to write. I need to share, whether I should or not. Writing is my preffered method of communication. I can write so much better than I can speak.

I started my mommyblog about a year ago, just after I had my baby girl. I was having a hard time with postpartum depression. I needed someplace to have a voice in the crowd, to gain a sense of community with other mothers out there. I live in a town with a population under 100. It's a rural area, with no close neighbors. Most weeks, I have no interaction with other adults. I have no family close. My husband does, but we see them very rarely. Once I added my baby girl to my toddler boy, it was so much more difficult to get out. And that just really wreaked havoc on my emotional state. I never really had friends much, and didn't really feel the need. But now, with my children, boy do I feel the need. When you have children there is a need for a community. You just really need to have communications with other mothers. I tried going to a playgroup, but it was too far away, and the other mothers were just not my style... and already set in their little cliques.

I really hate to start from scratch like this, but feel like I am left with no option. It is so time consuming to set up your blog, get listed in all the directories, get all your widgets and buttons and linkies and whathaveyou. But it will be so worth it to be able to post whatever I want. And it's not like I had that many readers to begin with... but of course those I had, I loved :) And it took almost a year to get them. I hope they end up finding me here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, welcome back to the blogging world. I look forward to reading more, and thanks for stopping by my blog!

Related Posts with Thumbnails