Friday, January 29, 2010

Oh Yes, I'm Gonna Go There!

Boogers. Yep, a post all about those sticky little ickys.

Hate 'em.

For the past 2 nights, Lazy Baby will be fairly booger free all day. As soon as we lay down at night and go for that final nursing session, he's all full of boogs and can't breathe! And just the thought of getting all uncovered and uncomfortable and running to the bathroom for a nose-sucking session... ugh! I just reach over to the shelf next to the bed and got the baby vicks. Not quite the best remedy, but will do when desperately not wanting to get out of bed.

I despise the nose sucker. So does Lazy Baby. I totally suck at using it! Pun totally intended. It takes me at least 20 sucks to get one stinking little booger out. Seriously. Does anyone have the secret? This is my 3rd child and I still have no luck with the thing. And Lazy Baby loses his cool after about 5 tries. Then it's like some crazy game of trying to get it anywhere near his nose... A wrestling match where the 6 month old wins every time. And he screams bloody murder the whole time. So this is the real reason why I don't get out of bed to do it at night. (OK, I lie, once I'm in bed and all comfy, nothing short of a 4 year old emergency pee in the middle of the night is getting me out).

It gets better once they are closer to a year and their nostrils are big enough that you can successfully q-tip the boogs out without pushing them back in. For now I'll just have to wait until I can get them out with a small fingernail...

Now that I've booger'd you all out, have a great weekend!

3 comments:

Mandy (ZenMonkeyMind) said...

Love your blog!

I remember the booger sucker days. I hated using them, too!

Christie said...

I hate those booger suckers. Using them makes the little one cry so much you may as well have not even bothered with it in the first place. On a side note, but still booger related: When my older kids were little I would find them on the walls.
I'm now following. :^)

Christina said...

Love booger posts!! (Hated those booger suckers) - Very fun blog! Glad I found you.

Related Posts with Thumbnails