Tuesday, December 16, 2008

From the North Pole

It's freezing here. No, really it is. Way below freezing. This morning the temp was -25. And that's without the wind chill. It finally warmed up to -10. Feels like a sauna ;)

We got hit with a big snow storm this weekend. Not too bad, maybe 5 or so inches (I may be exaggerating, as I don't remember seeing any numbers). Schools were delayed on Monday. And today with the amazingly cold temps? No delay. I'm sorry, but there are tons of kids around here who have to wait outside for the bus.

And of course my daughter just doesn't realize how freaking cold it is out there. She puts on a scarf, but does not wrap it around her face. Of course she has her coat on, but its not buttoned all the way up... It seems like everyday we are having to explain frostbite to her. This morning, as we had her wait inside for the bus, my husband wrapped her scarf around her face and tied it in the back ;)

I watch her skip off the bus, no hat, no gloves, no scarf and coat completely unbuttoned... "Do you know how cold it is out there?"

And she just gives me that stupid look like I am the most restrictive and lame parent in the world.

Ugh.

Anyway, that's my ramble for today.

And anyone interested in a super sweet giveaway, I'm hosting one on my other blog here. Just do not say that you came from here!

And Christmas gift progress? Finished the last niece hat and 2 nephew hats! Only 4 more to go!

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

I remember looking at my mother the exact same way. spooky.

Becky said...

What I love is when I tell my 11 yo to wear a coat and he says "why?"


Cause it is like 15 freakin degrees out there!!!!!

LazyCrazyMama said...

@ MamaNeena: shame on you! ;)

@ Becky: I so hear you there! She actually cried once when she was 7 and I told her to put her coat on...

Sandra said...

I wouldn't know what to do in that weather. In So Cali, here, if it gets below 60, we are shivering.

Today is 52 and the mountains are capped in snow... so lovely... so glad they are far from me.

Last week my kids were in shorts!
Next week we are going to the beach for Christmas... hate me now??? ha ha ahaha!

Anonymous said...

Yes, I remember that age when I would rather be freezing then look stupid wearing a hat and mittens!

The Mom Jen said...

How do you stand it?! YIKES!

Jo-Jo said...

I use to wear shorts and a sweat shirt to school when it snowed...yeah I am like your girl there.

Chris said...

Wow! Okay I officially feel like a jerk for feeling sorry for myself. It was -4 here yesterday but we did manage to hit a whopping 10 degrees today. We did get snow as well but only a couple of inches. Winter just sucks doesn't it? Try to stay warm.

April said...

That is just too freakin' cold. I was griping today because it was in the low 30's. I don't even own a heavy coat.

Amy said...

The dollar store is AWESOOOMEEEE!!

Wrapping paper is cheap.
And all those stupid cheap toys kids love.

You live in the north pole?
SHESH

i lived in Anchorage Alaska and I thought it was bad.

In utah in 40 degree weather I wear a short sleve shirt and people look at me like I am crazy

Aubrey said...

My daughter does that too! I don't understand! LOL

Lola said...

Ahh, kids are too cool to be cold! At least that's what my son seems to think. He comes off the bus without his coat and with his sleeves pushed way up to show off his mini muscles, I guess.

I just let him prove me right time after time when he comes in freezing his ass off.

Mommy In Pink said...

I hate winter...I hate freezing my butt off and we are having ice storms here...I'm just waiting for the power to shut off now...we've been without for a few days here..this sucks!

Rachel said...

Merry Christmas!!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails