Monday, July 13, 2009

Oh the questions they come up with!

Little Man has been so full of questions about his new baby brother! From the moment we got home it's been question after question... "Can baby brother talk? Can baby brother play cars with me? Can baby brother sleep in my bed?"

The first time he saw me nursing his new baby brother he asked, "What's that baby doing mom? Is he eating your tummy?"

For lack of wanting to explain to him (and have him repeat something having to do with boobies in public) I just said "yes." Though I probably should have just told him the truth.

Last night while I was feeding Lazy Baby, little man pulled up his shirt and asked "Can baby eat mine mommy?" when I told him no he asked if baby could eat Daddy's. Then I explained that only mommies made milk for babies.

He's been obsessed with counting Lazy Baby's fingers and toes. Making sure they have the same number as his. He has also renewed his questions about who does and doesn't have pee-pees. And is absolutely thrilled that baby brother has a pee-pee like him.

He says that Baby Sister is his baby and new baby brother is baby sister's baby. And Baby Sister will point to Lazy Baby and say "Baby mine."

Both Little Man and Baby Girl are totally sweet on Lazy Baby. They both constantly want to hug him, kiss him and rub his soft hair. I'm so glad. I thought that Little Man was going to take it hard and my husband thought Baby Girl was going to take it hard. And so far neither has had their feathers ruffled by Lazy Baby.

I think Baby Girl is probably going to be known as Baby Sister for a while ;)

The thing that amazes me most is how big Baby Girl got overnight. Before we brought home Lazy Baby, Baby Girl was just an itty bitty little girl. I remember the same thing when I brought home Baby Girl - how gigantic Little Man was in comparison, and up until that point he was still my little baby.

5 comments:

April said...

That is so sweet. I am glad they are doing so good with Lazy baby.
We thought our girl would be jealous when we brought home the new baby and she was exactly the oppisite. Kids are awesome.

Anonymous said...

I lol'd at you saying 'yes' to the baby eating your tummy.

JennyMac said...

"can baby eat mine" made me laugh out loud. How CUTE!

~~Mel~~ said...

Awwww~I love hearing all these cute stories.

I'm glad everyone is adjusting to Lazy Baby so well.

anymommy said...

It is so true about the size of your 'baby' when a new baby comes home. I remember it from when Cue came home, I saw my 2 year olds and thought, holy dinosaur children! It wasn't quite as bad this time.

Related Posts with Thumbnails