Here are the rules of the award:
1. Thank the person who gave you the award and link to their blog.
2. Share 10 honest things about yourself.
3. Present this award to 7 others whose blogs you find brilliant in design or content.
4. Tell those 7 people they have been awarded.
So onto the 10 honest things...
- I should totally be doing my dishes right now instead of this! Seriously, it's been 2 or 3 days and reaching the point of disgusting.
- I should also be taking control of my laundry... sadly, my husband had to go to work in dirty jeans again today. And I have a basket of clean clothes that have been sitting in my kitchen for 2 days waiting to be folded and put away, or at least taken to the bedroom they belong in...
- I will be turning 40 in less than a week. I just don't feel that old. I'm not that bothered by it though. I was more bothered about turning 30. Just because I wanted to have all my kids by the time I was 30, so that age hit me really hard. Well, a decade later I accomplished that goal. Evidence that I am in fact a total procrastinator.
- I totally pigged out on the kids' Halloween candy. Until I broke a tooth on a tootsie-roll and decided I'd better call it quits. Sad times :(
- I was entirely too amused by the fact that my baby girl's first words after mama and dada were "waw-mawt." And the fact that my son thinks absolutely everything can be bought at Wal-Mart.
- I'm trying to limit my computer time these days. I spend way too much time on Facebook... It's my homepage, so every time I turn on my computer I first have to see what everyone is up to, and then like 2 hours later realize I forgot what the heck I turned on the computer to do. I've actually gone 2 whole days without turning on the computer! That's a record.
- I suck at organization and planning. I think it's just too normal for me to be operating under chaos and disorder. And that just doesn't help things.
- I am usually the loser in the battles with my children... they know that I will eventually give in, so they just keep it up until I do. I totally need to find some patience and some energy - otherwise they will be walking all over me forever. It's hard though when you have a screaming baby and a determined 4 year old. I do stand firm on the important things though...
- I just realized today that I haven't taken my prenatal vitamins in about a month!! The crazy thing is that I've been pregnant or nursing since 2005, and have religiously taken them everyday since!
- I only get dressed if I'm going somewhere, which is about once a week. Otherwise you will find me and my kids in jammies all day.
Becky from In The Trenches She's always got something interesting going on and has such beautiful children!
Helene from I'm Living Proof that God has a Sense of Humor Her kids are always up to wicked shenanigans! She makes my life seem somewhat sane ;)
Hattie from Warning: Just a Little Bitchy who also leads a crazy hectic life with 4 boys!!
Mel from The Bubble... she's got the cutest little man ;)
Yaya from Yaya Stuff. She's been one of my favorite bloggy buddies for a long time! I'm fairly certain that she's already gotten this award before, but I don't care ;)
Stacey from Is There Any Mommy Out There. We've also been bloggy buddies since about the time I started blogging. We had our last babies one day apart ;) and if you haven't checked out her blog you really should. She has beautiful and hilarious posts that are completely addictive. She's participating in National Blog Posting Month, so maybe this will help her out if she comes up blank someday ;) (which I super doubt)
That Girl from That Girl Blogs. She has herself a 3-ring circus too ;)